PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To most clearly communicate our responsibilities around protecting you and ourselves from harm, we ask all participants read, understand and agree to these conditions of service prior to booking and paying. We are happy to provide any perspective that we can – just ask!
In consideration of my enrolment and payment of fees to participate in a session or become a student of Flexxd™, Resistance Yoga, Flavours of Yoga and/or Fiona Goldsmith, hereinafter called Flexxd, I represent and agree the following:
• It is my choice to attend classes or private sessions with Flexxd.
• I understand that my instructor or teacher or assistant (facilitator) is providing resistance or other yoga instruction, guidance, and care, and is certified to do so.
• I acknowledge that my facilitator is not a physician and does not diagnose illness, disease, or any other physical or mental disorder. My classes or sessions are not a substitute for medical care, medical examination or diagnosis. It is recommended that I attend my personal physician for any ailments that I may be experiencing.
• I acknowledge that with any physical activity, there can be risks, I know those risks, and I assume those risks.
• I acknowledge and understand that my facilitator must be fully aware of my existing medical conditions and will endeavour to teach and recommend exercises that support my health and abilities. I have completed my medical history form as provided by Flexxd and disclosed all those medical conditions affecting me. It is my responsibility to keep my facilitator updated on my medical history, and will be asked for an update upon booking. All information I provide is true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
• I recognize that yoga and resistance stretching requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and acknowledge the warning that participation in yoga classes involves a risk of physical or other harm and I agree that I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved and participate at my own risk.
• I agree to inform the instructor before the beginning of any class if I have any problems with my general health or injuries that may impact my ability to participate or if I am pregnant, and to alert the facilitator if I don’t want to receive any adjustments.
• I understand that if I experience pain in any particular pose or stretch I should come out of the pose or stretch and consult with the facilitator. I agree to consult with the faciliator if I have any doubt or concerns about a particular pose or about my ability to participate in the class. I understand that I may receive physical assists or adjustments to enhance or correct my body posture during classes or sessions by the facilitator.
• I fully understand that I may injure myself as a result of my enrolment and subsequent participation in this program, and I hereby release the facilitator and Flexxd, et al. and any subcontractor engaged by it or any agent of it, from any liability, risks, complications, loss, damage or injury resulting from the session(s).
• I agree not to hold Fiona Goldsmith or any contractors or any persons or other entity acting on their behalf liable for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information, services or products provided pursuant to this agreement and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the provision of the services.
Professional Indemnity $10,000,000/$30,000,000, Public Liability $10,000,000/$30,000,000
Policy #HEAL/UC/42115 Professional Risk Underwriting Pty Ltd ABN 80 103 953 073